Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mr. "Bones" and His Troupe - Hey Mr. Banjo


Yes, I realize that the American minstrel show had a profound cultural impact on almost every level of American entertainment that is still inescapable to this day. This does not mean, however, that I particularly want to see guys that look like a more gap-toothed and ugly version of the short, bald guy from Benny Hill slather themselves in axle grease and start pickin' away at a banjo jus' lahk dey's pickin' cottin fo' massuh yessuh ah's jus' gwinter play a song fer y'all affer ah eats dis watahmellin 'n fried chikkin. Oh god damn it, this album cover is making me go into stereotyped "black" dialects. Let's just forget this whole thing ever existed for the sake of my sanity.

2 comments:

Patrik M. said...

I have been trying to do some research on this album. Have you ever found out who Mr Bones is on this recording?

Unknown said...

I gonna bone fo ya